Key Lime Tarts That Make A Great Summer Snack for Phase 1!
With summer right around the corner, it’s time to try something new! These Key Lime Tarts will be a perfect Ideal Protein treat for a hot sunny day. Both zesty and mouthwatering, these indulgent snacks pack a flavorful punch and are also a Phase 1 friendly treat!
- 4+1 Packets of True Lime flavoring (approximately 1 level teaspoon)
- 3 ounces of water
- Splenda or Stevia, to taste
- 1 packet of Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding
- A packet of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
- 1 egg white
- 1 to 1 ½ ounces of water
- 2 egg whites for meringue
- Mini-muffin baking cups
- Non-stick spray
- Dissolve True Lime flavoring in water. Add a little Stevia or Splenda to taste. The taste should be sweet but tart.
- Add the contents of one Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding and mix well until smooth. No lumps. The consistency will be thicker than your normal pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the packet of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal with the egg white and water, just enough for a stiff but manageable dough to form.
- Lightly coat your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Moisten your hands (if you don’t, the ‘dough’ will stick to your fingers) and form little balls using approximately 2 to 3 teaspoons of dough. Place one dough ball in each baking cup.
- Press dough down as thinly as possible across the bottom and the sides forming a little ‘cup’(the dough will “poof” a little during baking). Bake for approximately 5 minutes or longer, if necessary.
- For crispy tart shells, remove them from the muffin tin and place them upside down on top of the tin and bake for a few more minutes until golden brown. If the cupcake shells are too thick, don’t bother, as they will be too hard.
- Cool on a wire rack. Take key lime filling out of the refrigerator and stir in the last packet of True Lime flavoring to give your filling an extra tangy Florida key lime bite.
- Beat two egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fill ‘pastry’ shells until they are not quite full. Garnish with a small dollop of meringue and a paper-thin slice of fresh lime.
- Enjoy your key lime tarts!
At 7Company, we will always supply you with the latest and greatest recipes for your weight loss journey. You don’t have to worry about suffering through with bad tasting diet food because we have tasty options that are still going to push you towards your goal weight! Give us a call today to learn more about the recipes that we have to offer.